Codeplex svn issues

Coordinator
Nov 17, 2009 at 11:15 AM
braian87b wrote:

Did you have tried TortoiseSVN <cite>tortoisesvn.tigris.org</cite>

It has solved the problem with folder movement and other thing that you mention... what do you use from SVN in codeplex? the web interface?

you can configure the tortoise client for access to codeplex's SVN, i have tried but only in readonly, but i ve used with other servers and rocks!. i thinks that isnt a good idea to change to other server, codeplex is very clean and userfriendly and is good to have all in the same place.

I will wait for your feedback

Greetings!

Braian Bressan

TortoiseSVN is just a gui client for subversion.  I usually work with both TortoiseSVN and command line client (usually it is SlikSVN).

I don't think that TortoiseSVN can fix those kinds of problems, since as far as i know, CodePlex offers subversion access via SvnBridge (http://www.codeplex.com/SvnBridge).  So it is the problem in SvnBridge, and not in CodePlex or TortoiseSvn.  Please correct if i am wrong.

Nov 17, 2009 at 4:58 PM

Maybe you are right, but i know the feature of tortoise and i think that is supported... you simple move the file using right click and select svn - move folder/files to reallocate or simple move, and when you do the commit changes the preview windows you can select the -deleted mark file/folder and -added mark file/folder and with right click chose "repair move" to tell the tortoise client that are the same files.

did you have tried that? :-)

Bye!

Coordinator
Nov 18, 2009 at 7:23 AM
braian87b wrote:

Maybe you are right, but i know the feature of tortoise and i think that is supported... you simple move the file using right click and select svn - move folder/files to reallocate or simple move, and when you do the commit changes the preview windows you can select the -deleted mark file/folder and -added mark file/folder and with right click chose "repair move" to tell the tortoise client that are the same files.

did you have tried that? :-)

Bye!

No, i have not. The problem is when commiting changes :)

I move usually move files via windows explorer, you has have to hold right mouse button while moving and move the folder. then a popup appears, where you select "svn move files", and it automatically deletes old files and adds new files.

Here you can see other people experience the same problem as me:   (there are some my comments too):

http://codeplex.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=20445&ProjectName=CodePlex

Dec 11, 2009 at 12:01 AM

I have checked out , you right :S.