This project is read-only.

ClipboardUseOnlyActiveSelection ?

Jun 25, 2009 at 12:03 PM

I'm experiencing some problem with copy/paste: my rows don't always have same columns count, because I'm using spanning.

So it sometimes makes "funny" things when pasting data with ClipboardUseOnlyActivePosition = false, when the paste selection is automatically extended.

And with ClipboardUseOnlyActivePosition= true it only pastes one cell ? Is there a way to paste only in active selection (cells, rows, ...) ? So if the users selects a spanned cell a pastes data, it's "his problem" if this isn't really meaningful / or shouldn't be done.

But auto-extension on spanned rows (or other rows of another type, or...) can be dangerous, I think.

And there is also a problem if there is a row header in the middle. Perhaps would like to automatically "jump" such a row when pasting data. I understand that it is not a really standard feature an that it should be manually developped, but a "ClipboardUseOnlyActiveSelection" option could perhaps be a useful intermediate solution.

Jun 26, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Maybe ClipboardUseOnlyActivePosition should be renamed to ClipboardBehavior with enum {Default, UseOnlyActivePosition, UseOnlyActiveSelection}

Jun 30, 2009 at 8:39 AM

Yes, it would be nice.

And another detail with Clipboard management: I've noticed that the copy/paste events includes hidden rows and/or columns. It's a little bit strange, isn't it ?
If a user makes copy/pastes, some data is added or lost and he doesn't really know why...

Jul 1, 2009 at 6:36 AM

Copygin / pasting should not include hidden rows or columns. imho.

Jul 1, 2009 at 8:24 AM

It's unfortunately the case. With columns[i].visible = false. Is there another way ?

Jul 6, 2009 at 9:44 PM

dariusdamalakas> What do you mean with "hidden" columns? Visible = false or another way?

Jul 7, 2009 at 9:28 AM

Just Visible = False  :)

I believe an issue could be created for this exact issue.