Selected index changed on editcombobox sourcegrid

Jun 23, 2009 at 9:24 AM
Edited Jun 23, 2009 at 9:32 AM

Dear All,

Pls Kindly help, i'm newbie with sourcegrid control, in my grid i've 2 columns the first column contains country field,
the second column will be contains regions (with editcombobox) accord with the selected country in first column, my question is how to bind the region in editcombobox automatically when the country selected?

Thanks & Regards
Rudianto

Jun 24, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks & Regards
Rudianto

Jun 24, 2009 at 11:12 AM
Edited Jun 24, 2009 at 11:13 AM

you can set the datasource of the editcombobox with all region using a dataview whith a datatable which contain a primarykey , a region name and a foreign key for the country table, then you can filter the editcombobox simply by setting dataview.rowfilter="county='" + foreignkeyCountryValue +"'" ,

the filter event can be raised by adding a controller to the countries' cells(using valuechanged) .

i hope this usefull :)

Jun 24, 2009 at 11:27 AM
rudianto, please note that your question has nothing to do with SourceGrid and is just a regular C# coding question, if you wanted a faster answer, MSDN forums would have been your better spot to look .......

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 5:29 AM, rudianto <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks & Regards
Rudianto

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sourcegrid@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sourcegrid@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jun 24, 2009 at 12:29 PM

abirdd > thanks for suggetion, that i said in the first sentence " i'm newbie with sourcegrid control ".

borchanii > thanks i will try it.

Jun 25, 2009 at 4:09 AM

borchanii> Thank you. The problem already solved. I create a new class Inherits from SourceGrid.Cells.Controllers.ControllerBase
and then override event OnValueChanged, give this event to country's editcombobox with the methode AddController.

Have a nice day :-)

Regards,
Rudianto