Possible to embed a grid inside of a cell?

Mar 26, 2009 at 7:28 AM
Hi,

Just started playing with SourceGrid today and while I've read through the docs a few times, I admit that much of it is over my head at present and I didn't see an example of how one would embed a grid inside of a cell, but it looked like that would be possible. I am working on an application that will respond to some event and will fire off one or more asynchronous threads for which I want to capture and organize some logging information. The result would look something like this:

----------------------------------------
event | thread name | thread message |
| ------------------------------
| thread name | thread message |
Would anyone be able to provide a simple example of how I would build this kind of grid? Up until now I have been using a ListView, but I really have not been able to achieve the desired result that way. I would also be interested in paying a modest fee to have someone integrate a somewhat more complicated version of such a grid for my app if anyone were interested (ala http://www.rentacoder.com).

Best regards,
Nate McKay
Coordinator
Mar 28, 2009 at 10:42 PM
Hi,
It is possible to add a custom control into cell using LinkedControls property of grid. However, i am not sure if this solutions would work nice for you.

If that does not help, have a look at how a example project is made, it has a somewhat similar layout to yours.

Third option would be to use cell row-column spaning.

Mar 30, 2009 at 10:49 PM
Thanks very much for the response. I have been playing with the row-spanning option and I think that will probably meet my needs.