This project is read-only.

How do you use SourceGrid?

Mar 12, 2009 at 3:26 PM
I would like to ask all SourceGrid users to express their opinion about how they use this product.
Please answer the following questions. The more detail you provide, the better :)

1. How do you use SourceGrid?
 a) for personal use
 b) for commercial

2. Would you be interested in purchasing support for SourceGrid?
 a) Yes
 B) No

3. Do you need more functionality from SourceGrid?
 a) Yes
 B) No

Mar 12, 2009 at 5:38 PM
1. Intention is a commercial use, after some tests to make sure it will meet our needs, and that it is stable/unbugged enough. Promising so far ;-)

2. That would depend on the level of support and cost associated, but I am not the one who pays, so in theory, I don't mind.

3. Not much yet, some ideas :
- Add a RichTextBox cell
- Combobox cell : edit on the first click. Currently it takes (unless I missed how to do this) a click to give the focus, and another click to open the dropdown (not user friendly)
Mar 12, 2009 at 5:58 PM
1) Personal use.. Also plan to use for commercial product.

2) I guess it Depends on the pricing, I am just a developer, need to ask my manager.

3) Yes: 
    a) Cells within Cell
    b) BUG: LinkedControl makes the Column Header disappear.

Mar 12, 2009 at 9:32 PM
Well, here goes my answers too:

1. Only commercial use. At the moment 3 different products, with total more or less 50 deployments

2. No particilar interest in support, but there is need for additional functionality

3.Yes:
 a) sub-grid support - that is, show values with grouping, where you can expand, and hide inner values
 b) excel like support for selecting values and calculating average, sum, max, min, etc.
Mar 12, 2009 at 11:33 PM
Edited Mar 13, 2009 at 12:05 PM
1. Both commercial and personal. Have been using this grid since version 3 or maybe even 2 when it was for .Net 1.1. In total I have used it in 5 products with about 100 deployments in total.

2. Depends on cost and what it does include. Mostly I can handle or workaround most of the bugs. Throu not much has bothered me (except that one that is fixed now ;) ). I would be more willing to donate for new features that I would see usefull for me.

3. Yes:
   a) subgrid support, than there would be nothing that would force as to use ComponentOne TrueDbGrid. Maybe we could get together and think something out, I'm willing to help on this.
   b) Not so important but designer support for DataGrid adding/removing/changing columns would be great
   c) Fixing grid to fully work on mono also would be great :) Yesterday tested on newest mono release on linux. Sample applications works great. There are some minor bugs in drawing selections, DataGrid sorting is not working, cursor change for header is somewhat chaotic. But still it's working good. To be honest I did not expect it to work so good. :)

Mar 13, 2009 at 8:22 AM

I use sourcegid to create programs for my company.

About purchasing support , it is a decision of  the society where i work but the price is important .

About adds , i hope i see drag and drop again .

Mar 16, 2009 at 12:40 PM
1. Commercial
2. Probably not.  It's pretty easy to work out how to use and the whole point of me using this is that it is free
3. The only thing I would like to see is DataBinding to specific cells.

I expect there are more things that would be good to see added, but thats what I would use in the current application I am writing.
Jul 12, 2012 at 5:59 PM

1. Commercial and private.

2. Yes, but that depends upon price.  I am sensitive to that.

3. Yes, but a bit of handholding might do the trick.

I also would not mind a newer version every once in a while, possibly recompiled for the newer .Net versions and newer Visual Studios.  More users here would not hurt either.