Can SourceGrid used by Windows Mobile

Jul 25, 2010 at 4:18 AM

I am developing on windows mobile and I'm looking for an effective GridControl.I've try to use SourceGrid,but it alaways remind me that"...System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089...Refrence"

Can anyone help me?

Coordinator
Jul 26, 2010 at 8:18 AM

What do you mean by "remind" ?  Can you just simply ignore this reminder? :D

Jul 27, 2010 at 1:29 AM

Actually,It's a compile error! My code could not be compiled!The error message is "...System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089...Refrence".

I think that SorceGrid can not used by WM.There are too much differences between .NET Framework and .NET CF。。。I'm so disappointed!

Coordinator
Jul 27, 2010 at 8:45 AM

Now we are talking :)

that reminds me of this joke:

A guy is standing on the corner of the street smoking one cigarette after another. A lady walking by notices him and says
"Hey, don't you know that those things can kill you? I mean, didn't you see the giant warning on the box?!"
"That's OK" says the guy, puffing casually "I'm a computer programmer"
"So? What's that got to do with anything?"
"We don't care about warnings. We only care about errors."

Please, could you post ALL of the error message? Because from your quote only the assembly name is visible, but I cant deduct any logical solution why you would get a compilation message (I have some ideas, but some evidence is needed to prove it)

Jul 29, 2010 at 1:16 AM

Thank you.you are so kind.I use SourceGridMini instead.Thank you all the same.

Coordinator
Jul 29, 2010 at 8:08 AM

Could you please tell me what is SourceGridMini? I am not familiar with it.

Is there an URL for this project?

Aug 4, 2010 at 8:02 AM
I think is not supported from version 3 ,very old but it have the idea to implement SourceGrid for .NET Compact Framework SourceGridMini is the version of SourceGrid for .NET Compact Framework. This version use the same code of the normal version but with some conditional code (#if MINI) for the unsupported features. Many editors are not supported, some mouse events (MouseEnter, MouseLeave, ...) and this project reference SourceLibraryMini.... An old documentation can be token from here http://www.cnblogs.com/jht/archive/2005/07/04/186076.html A full source code can be token from here http://hotfile.com/dl/59677744/d3a2f68/SourceGrid2_Source_2_2_0_0_VS2003.zip.html Version 2 !! so old and different :D , i tried to take a look at version 3 , it is different than version 4 , version 2 was the funny beginning of david .