Obsolete : Rows visiblity is controlled by rows collection object

Jun 15, 2010 at 4:37 PM
Thanks for update , new release for best future to this component :) (We wish get a solution for drag and drop :)) My question is a new warning appeared when i used the sourcegrid.grid.row.visible with the last release 4.3 The source was predefined by the prefix Obsolete [Obsolete("Rows visibility is controlled by rows collection object." + "this is because some aggregate information is needed to be calculated")] Is it a mistake to use sourcegrid.grid.row.visible or there is an alternative to it (to have a good calculation as warning say) ? Thanks.
Coordinator
Jun 16, 2010 at 9:22 AM

We currently plan no addition functionality, so do not expect that. But you are welcome to submit a patch.

As for row visibility,  you should use RowsBase.IsRowVisible method, since row.visible will be removed at some point

Jun 16, 2010 at 11:41 AM

Thanks for answer

I think it should be notified in this obselete notification the use of  the   IsRowVisible and the showrow  functions as an alternative to the property visible  and should also  the user be notified that this property will be removed soon .

i updated my project with new functions  and all work well , i also removed the property visible to not be confused any more  .

About  drag and drop , i am always trying to understand how  David  used it  in sourcegrid3 and to simulate it to the current project , i have the hole of summer  to try .

I am also trying to understand the design time adding item and cell as well as the default microsoft's datagridview , really will be cool future if i can implement it

I try and i hope get a solution .

Jun 29, 2010 at 2:41 PM
Edited Jun 29, 2010 at 2:52 PM

OK, thanks.

But not always easy to find out if the useful function is "attached" to the cell, row or grid object!

Coordinator
Jun 30, 2010 at 8:56 AM

Think like this: a cell does not know anything about a row, because of composition. Inner thing always knows nothing about the outer thing. So RowsCollection objects knows about all the rows, so it should contain IsRowVisible method