How to get the clicked row no and cell value

Apr 9, 2010 at 10:21 PM

Dear Sir ,

Thanks so much for the great control and the great effort as well.

I am trying to make a VB.net code that gets the row number and the cell text if the user click certain cell . But I failed , I've tried all the examples in the sampleProject , it worked but I failed to convert tit to vb.net  code. Can you support  with a simple code please.

Thanks for your support

Apr 9, 2010 at 10:25 PM

I also do not understand why the CLICK event of the control itself does work . upon selecting the  events that are related to the grid control , I've Select the CLICK EVENT , but i failed to get the row number or the cell text .

NB. the Grid control is add on design time.

Thanks

Apr 10, 2010 at 11:47 AM

Hello ,

first this is a converted project examples to vb.net ( an old version but can help , not too far )

http://www.multiupload.com/3RXL21B182

Try to define a controller and add it to your cell , in the controller  you can get all information from the event onClick with the object sender as type CellContext

Also , you can do better thing with grid.selection ...

Apr 10, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Dear Borchanii ,

Thanks so much for your instant support , I really appreciate it so much .

But the case is somewhat  un-logic for me. If I have  a grid with 30 column width , shall I need  to add  "grid1(r, 1).AddController(cursorController)" to each cell of the grid .

Are there any simple event handler like grid_Click(send as object , X as integer , Y as integer ) like other grid controls.

what is the functionality of the Grid event control (OnClick) that I can access if double click the control at design time . It works to give message box , but ti does not work to give teh currently cell position

Thanks