Highlighting added rows and changed cells in a DataGrid

Jan 4, 2010 at 10:47 PM

Hello,

In my application we're using an ArrayGrid bound to a BoundList.  I'd like to highlight any changes to the grid for the end user.  So when a row is added we turn the BackColor of all the cells in that row yellow, and then after about 1 second we set the BackColor to white. For cell updates we just change fiddle with the color of the changed cells.

Is this something that's easy to do with an ArrayGrid?  How would I go about this?

I've tried attaching an ICondition to every column's Conditions collection, but I couldn't get that to work.  I've also tried subscribing to the change events on the BoundList, figuring out what cell changed, grabbing it with the ArrayGrid.GetCell(int, int), and setting it's BackColor; but this sets the BackColor for the entire grid.

What would be the preferred way of handling this?

Thanks.

Jan 9, 2010 at 4:39 AM

I think you can try using a View and apply to all cell of that row, but you gonna must create a New Thread to change the Background Color progressively from Yellow to White and trigger some method to Redraw that row. Also Scroll to that row to Ensure Visible.