Can not build SouceGrid

Sep 23, 2009 at 8:16 AM

Hello

I am a newer for VS2005 program. My question is very simply and stupid.

After I download the SourceGrid4_21_src.zip

bulid DevAge.Core.csproj for DevAge.Core.dll

DevAge.Windows.Forms.csproj for DevAge.Windows.Forms.dll

It worked.

But I can not bulid SourceGrid.csproj for SourceGrid.dll

The error message is: Error 3 'SourceGrid.ValueChangeEventArgs.NewValue.get' must declare a body because it is not marked abstract or extern D:\Lisa\OT\SourceGrid4_21_src\src\SourceGrid4\SourceGrid\Common\Events.cs 604 28 SourceGrid

Error 4 'SourceGrid.ValueChangeEventArgs.NewValue.set' must declare a body because it is not marked abstract or extern D:\Lisa\OT\SourceGrid4_21_src\src\SourceGrid4\SourceGrid\Common\Events.cs 604 33 SourceGrid
Error 5 'SourceGrid.ValueChangeEventArgs.OldValue.get' must declare a body because it is not marked abstract or extern D:\Lisa\OT\SourceGrid4_21_src\src\SourceGrid4\SourceGrid\Common\Events.cs 605 28 SourceGrid

Error 6 'SourceGrid.ValueChangeEventArgs.OldValue.set' must declare a body because it is not marked abstract or extern D:\Lisa\OT\SourceGrid4_21_src\src\SourceGrid4\SourceGrid\Common\Events.cs 605 33 SourceGrid

Only after I  bulid SourceGrid.csproj for SourceGrid.dll succussfully, then I can bulid SourceGrid.Extensions.csproj for SourceGrid.Extensions.dll, is that right?

Then I can try the sample to start learning.

How should I do now? How to fix that error?

I know my question is very stupid, but please please help me.

Coordinator
Sep 23, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Actually, i suggest you trying out SharpDevelop (http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SD/Download/), and compile with it.

Just open SourceGrid_All.sln file and everything should work out of the box, no compilation errors.

P.s. i am using code from trunk, not from SourceGrid_All.sln

You can get the newest code here - http://sourcegrid.codeplex.com/SourceControl/ListDownloadableCommits.aspx

Look at the right side  near "Source Control Setup"

Sep 24, 2009 at 8:20 AM

Thank you very much for your reply

I downloaded two files of SharpDevelop 2.2

set it up, and also downloaded the newest code from the website which you mentioned.

but when I compile the SourceGrid_All.sln, there still are four errors as same as before......

Coordinator
Sep 24, 2009 at 9:26 AM

Then you are doing something wrong, because trunk does not have any compilation errors :)

Sep 25, 2009 at 7:52 AM
dariusdamalakas wrote:

Then you are doing something wrong, because trunk does not have any compilation errors :)

What is "something"......

I downloaded the code, just only do the comilation,  but trunk does have errors....:(

Coordinator
Sep 25, 2009 at 8:32 AM

Looking at your error "OT\SourceGrid4_21_src\src\SourceGrid4\SourceGrid\Common\Events.cs 605 33 SourceGrid"   i see directory SourceGrid4_21_src

This indicates that the code is for sourcegrid version 4.21, not for the trunk.

If you really do get errors with trunk (revision 29030) , please be so kind to the post the compiler output, so that we could help you.

Sep 28, 2009 at 3:05 PM

I don't know if I understand your problem, but I think it could be a problem with the "{ get; set; }" definitions, which aren't supported with VS 2005.

I'm afraid that you'll have to change them to "{ get { return myVar; } set { myVar = value; }" or use VS2008.

Except if someone knows a trick somewhere...

Coordinator
Sep 29, 2009 at 5:17 AM

{get;set;} definitions are auto-properties. They were introduced in .Net 3.5.  However, all SourceGrid projects are built against .Net 2.0.  SourceGrid also does not use auto-properties, at least i don't know of any.

Oct 7, 2009 at 12:12 PM

It can be built for 2.0, but VS2005 can't build it ! SharpDevelopp or VS2008 can build "{get;set;} definitions".

I've the same problem, if I open the SourceGrid source code and try to compile with VS2005, I've errors with these auto-properties. If I overwrite with explicit "{ get { return myVar; } set { myVar = value; }" it's OK. The problem isn't the target .NET Verison but the VS version.

Coordinator
Oct 8, 2009 at 8:51 AM

The problem is that VS2005 does not support .Net 3.5, and that means you either have to upgrade your VS, or use SharpDevelop, or any other tool, that supports .Net 3.5