change grid cell display using colspan/rowspan feature

Aug 26, 2009 at 9:25 AM
Edited Aug 26, 2009 at 1:26 PM

Hi,

Is is possible to change grid cell display in the following format? maybe using colspan &/or rowspan feature?

header1 header2 header3 header4 header5
01/15/2009 NOTE ljkljll 100 50
ljkl ljl;j klj klj kl jlkj lkj klj kl;jk;ljl
02/01/2009 NOTE ljkljll 100 50
rqerqwrelj ljrlqlwjrlqwrj lj r;lj ;lqwjrel l l
lkjkl l;j ;kj klj kj kljrr54lj lj;l 

Thanks,
Niren.

Aug 26, 2009 at 12:28 PM
certainly. When you build your table and create new cells, do rowspan and collspans ... do not mean to be rude, but it would like like 2 minutes to write a sample form and try it.

derek

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 4:27 AM, niren <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

Is is possible to change grid cell display in the following format? maybe using colspan &/or rowspan feature?

Thanks,
Niren.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sourcegrid@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sourcegrid@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Aug 26, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Derek,

Just to be more specific, I have changed the look of the grid structure to give better idea of what is required.

Here is what I think what needs to be done:

1) for cell (1,0).rowspan = 2 will be required
2) for cell (1,1) to cell (1, 4), rowspan = 1
3) for cell (2,1) set the rowspan = 4

I have to bind a data object to each row but in this case, one data object will have to be binded to two rows of the grid for displaying it as above.

Also, not sure how the row single & multi selection will work in this case? will it give any problem?

Is there any other better way to do this?

Thanks,
Niren.

Aug 26, 2009 at 1:42 PM
You could also just create a table with two columns, and in the second column you put a custom control which could be an other grid. Don't do databinding, do it by hand.

But yeah, the approach you are describing seems sound.
Derek

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 8:33 AM, niren <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Derek,

Just to be more specific, I have changed the look of the grid structure to give better idea of what is required.

Here is what I think what needs to be done:

1) for cell (1,0).rowspan = 2 will be required
2) for cell (1,1) to cell (1, 4), rowspan = 1
3) for cell (2,1) set the rowspan = 4

I have to bind a data object to each row but in this case, one data object will have to be binded to two rows of the grid for displaying it as above.

Also, not sure how the row single & multi selection will work in this case? will it give any problem?

Is there any other better way to do this?

Thanks,
Niren.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sourcegrid@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sourcegrid@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Sep 3, 2009 at 9:46 AM

As Derek said, bind the data manually. And multi selection should work fine.

If it does not, then please report your findings