This project is read-only.

Failure to create component 'Grid'

Jun 17, 2009 at 4:28 PM

I successfully loaded the binary components for DevAge & SourceGrid in Visual Studio 2008. However, when I drag and drop the grid control onto the form, Visual Studio throws this error:

Failed to create component 'Grid'. The error message follows: 'System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'SourceGrid.GridVirtual' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'log4net, Version=1.2.10.0, Culture=Neutral, PublicKetToken=1b44e1d46115821' or or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. File name: 'log4net, Version=1.2.10.0, Culture=Neutral, PublicKetToken=1b44e1d46115821' at SourceGrid.GridVirtual..cctor()

Where do I get the required file or assembly? Is there a fix for this?

Many thanks,

Robert

Jun 17, 2009 at 4:32 PM
You are just missing the reference dlls, go into the reference folder and copy the 2 dlls to your application debug folder and you will be set.

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 11:28 AM, madcatrobert <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I successfully loaded the binary components for DevAge & SourceGrid in Visual Studio 2008. However, when I drag and drop the grid control onto the form, Visual Studio throws this error:

Failed to create component 'Grid'. The error message follows: 'System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'SourceGrid.GridVirtual' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'log4net, Version=1.2.10.0, Culture=Neutral, PublicKetToken=1b44e1d46115821' or or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. File name: 'log4net, Version=1.2.10.0, Culture=Neutral, PublicKetToken=1b44e1d46115821' at SourceGrid.GridVirtual..cctor()

Where do I get the required file or assembly? Is there a fix for this?

Many thanks,

Robert

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sourcegrid@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sourcegrid@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jun 17, 2009 at 4:34 PM
Edited Jun 17, 2009 at 4:47 PM

Simply you need to add the dlls 'log4net.dll ,sourcegrid.dll and sourcegrid.extentions.dll ' to your project ,

Project >- Add Reference...   then browse to the sourcegrid project where you will see the dlls , choose them :)