This project is read-only.

Notinlist-Event

Jun 15, 2009 at 10:37 AM

Hey guys,

I was wondering, wether there is an ACCESS-like NotInList event, which is fired when users enter an unkown value in a databound combobox? (In Access, that event is fired when a user enters a new value in a combobox and can be used to complete missing data for the new entry)

Maybe you've also any other ideas how to implement such a behaviour.

Any hints are highly appreciated,

Best

Tobsen

Jun 15, 2009 at 9:39 PM

Just create cell value editor that performs such action

Jun 16, 2009 at 1:12 AM
Really your question is more about using a drop-down list with "hints" rather then how to use the grid.
~Derek

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 5:37 AM, tobsen1 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hey guys,

I was wondering, wether there is an ACCESS-like NotInList event, which is fired when users enter an unkown value in a databound combobox? (In Access, that event is fired when a user enters a new value in a combobox and can be used to complete missing data for the new entry)

Maybe you've also any other ideas how to implement such a behaviour.

Any hints are highly appreciated,

Best

Tobsen

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sourcegrid@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sourcegrid@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jun 17, 2009 at 5:53 PM

Your hints were helpful, as the editor now detects missing entries and updates the underlying dataset. Nevertheless I was wondering, whether it's possible to show an confirmation dialog before creating the new entry.

Is it possible to give the user the option to cancel the update? (With Editor.Validating this seems to be possible via sender.UndoEditValue, but Editor.Control.Validating doesn't have such a method. From what I understood Editor.Validating is obsolete and thus shouldn't be used anymore. I already searched the forum, found e.g. http://sourcegrid.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=48725 , but I couldn't find a final solution for this problem)

Thanks for your help!

Tobsen

Jun 18, 2009 at 6:39 AM

If you have a chance to subscribe to event, which notificates about a missing entry, then you can present to the user whatever you want.

The questions is is there such an event. You say that editor updates the underlying dataset, so i believe there is such a event, and you could find it by look at the editors source code. Does that help?