This project is read-only.

Support for UI Automation

Apr 2, 2009 at 1:32 AM
Edited Apr 2, 2009 at 1:36 AM
Is there any plan to attempt to support UI Automation?
Specifically:
  • DataGrid Control Type : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms752044.aspx#List_View_Control_Example
  • DataItem Control Type : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms742561.aspx
Haven't really dug into the source code much yet but if someone is aware if this even possible or not?

Apr 2, 2009 at 5:38 AM
Frankly speaking, i see for the first time this topic.    So now i am aware that there is such thing :)

Do you need this UI Automation, or is it just out of curiosity?
Apr 2, 2009 at 5:50 AM
If it is possible, i do have a need.

There is a tool called White (www.codeplex.com/white) that takes advantage of UI Automation to create automated functional tests for applications.
I'm hoping to use sourcegrid on a project but without the UI Automation, the approach to using White may be significantly more difficult.

On Apr 1, 2009, at 11:38 PM, dariusdamalakas wrote:

Frankly speaking, i see for the first time this topic. So now i am aware that there is such thing :)

Do you need this UI Automation, or is it just out of curiosity?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sourcegrid@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sourcegrid@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Apr 2, 2009 at 9:16 PM
Ok, i see now. Well, SourceGrid developers have no plans of implementing this, but if someone would be willing to implement this, all needed help would be provided as much as possible, and the patches would be integrated and released with some version of SourceGrid :)
Apr 2, 2009 at 11:16 PM
Hint hint nudge nudge huh? :)
I'll see if can find a cycle.
Not sure I know enough about yet myself but I'll look into it and let you know.

On Apr 2, 2009, at 3:16 PM, dariusdamalakas <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Ok, i see now. Well, SourceGrid developers have no plans of implementing this, but if someone would be willing to implement this, all needed help would be provided as much as possible, and the patches would be integrated and released with some version of SourceGrid :)