SourceGrid Not Scrolling

Mar 30, 2009 at 11:29 PM
I have been a fan and user of SourceGrid for some time now.  I built a project using SourceGrid2 that ran successfully for several years.  Recently,
the decision was made to add some functionality to the project and I upgraded from SourceGrid2 to SourceGrid 4.20.  There were a few changes
of course, but the upgrade went relatively smoothly. 

I have one problem.  The grid does not scroll vertically or horizontally unless I use the scroll bars.  I scrolled correctly in SourceGrid2.  The mouse wheel and the scroll bars work correctly.  The grid does not scroll when I highlight a cell or row and move the mouse down/up, left/right.  I have no idea why.  I have an event handler for MouseDown and KeyDown which are the same as existed for SourceGrid2 with exception of the changes necessary to adopt SourceGrid 4.0.

I am most likely missing something very simple.  I checked the examples and have no idea what it is.

I need a little help please.  Thanks!
Mar 31, 2009 at 2:03 PM
Edited Mar 31, 2009 at 2:03 PM
post an example otherwise it's hard to help
Apr 6, 2009 at 10:56 PM
Lafriks,
Thanks for the kick in the butt. I apologize for the delay in getting back to you.
Regrettably, the code I have is 'inherited'. The original developer did some weird stuff spread over three modules. Trying to get it into a simple example was a bear. Part way through the process, I decided to see if I could go the shorter way and modify one of sample 17. After I built it, I found that it did not scroll either. I downloaded the trunk 'sourcegrid-2034' on March 30, 2009 and built it to use in my project. It doesn't scroll.
Version 4.20.3304.35521as a reference and it mostly works.
The remaining problem is that while it scrolls in cell selection mode or row selection mode, it does not unselect while in row selection mode when scrolling back over existing selected rows.
The attached project should demonstrate the issue. Set row selection mode on by clicking the Row radio button on the SelectionMode tab. Then click the first row, second column and drag you mouse to the bottom of the grid. It will start to scroll. Now bring you mouse back up to the middle or top of the grid. Note that the originally selected rows remain selected. The correct behavior should be that they are unselected as the mouse passed back up over them.
Thanks for your help.
Joe
Apr 7, 2009 at 6:41 PM
Edited Apr 7, 2009 at 6:45 PM
I have created issue report Issue 2656. If I understood you correctly than patch I provided there should fix your problem. Let me know if you have any questions/comments :) Happy coding ;)
Apr 8, 2009 at 8:23 PM
Thanks for the help.  Scrolling works as expected.  You guys are awesome.  :-)