The future of SourceGrid

Jun 22, 2012 at 7:27 PM

I noticed that there has not been any new version posted in quite some time with the .Net at 2.0 if I remember correctly.

The number of posts here in this discussion forum is also quite low and most people were active here in this forum back a couple of years ago.

Is this project still alive or being disbanded / discontinued?

Thanks in advance,

Coordinator
Jun 25, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Hi sweinberge,

The project is no longer being actively developed for a couple of years already.

Regards,

Darius

Jun 26, 2012 at 5:51 AM

Is there a reason for the development or lack there of?

Code.

Coordinator
Jun 26, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I guess the project was always a one man show, so if a single developer loses interest in the project, nobody else picks that up

Jun 26, 2012 at 4:03 PM

That sucks.  That means that this project is for all intent and purpose kaput, as nobody (or group) in two years took the project over.

Is the only active project the paid one at Grape City?

Source grid has issues, but it is kind of nice, although lacks simplicity in many ways.

Coordinator
Jun 27, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I know at least one more company which uses SourceGrid in production with 50-100 deployments

Jun 27, 2012 at 1:35 PM

My former employer used SourceGrid in production as well.  I built the code.  I am retired now and am willing to work on the project unless the current usage level is limited, there doesn't seem to be much point.

Jun 27, 2012 at 3:22 PM

I am using it, or trying to.  That definitely must count for something, so that is the point.  If I can ever get my software up and deployed, there will be many deployments.