Help: Selection behaviour changed between 4.20 and 4.22

Jun 11, 2010 at 4:02 PM

Hi, i've noticed a change in the behaviour between 4.20 and 4.22 when selecting multiple cells and entering a value.

In 4.20 i can select e.g. 5 cells and when i press a key to enter a value into the active cell  the selection is unchanged and i can (programmaticly) loop thru all selected cells and copy this value into the other selected cells.

In 4.22 the selection is cleared and only the active cell is selected.

This can be verified with the examples explorer Sample 17 with 4.20 and 4.22. In 4.20 you can enter a value while the selection of multiple cells is shown.

In 4.22 the selection is resetted to one cell when entering a value.

Can anyone point me to a solution how to prevent resetting the selection range in 4.22 when entering a key ?

I don't want to switch back to 4.20 and i need the 'enter one value into multiple cells" functionality !

Thanks in advance

fhol   

Coordinator
Jun 14, 2010 at 8:16 AM
Hi fhol, Thanks for reporting this. There have been many backwards compatibility issues lastly. So thanks for reporting this. I think this "anti-feature" was introduces in 4.22. I will try to look at the code and fix it
Coordinator
Jun 14, 2010 at 8:30 AM
Ok, i've checked what is the problem. The problem is in version 4.22, but it is not appearing the tip. Please take the newest source code, and build Sourcegrid yourself. Should work with that version. Hope this helps
Jun 14, 2010 at 10:45 AM

Tested it with 4.30 and it works again!!

Many thanks!

fhol

Coordinator
Jun 15, 2010 at 7:37 AM
Great! After looking at your problem i noticed that a lot of bugs are actually fixed already in the tip, and people keep downlodaing 4.22, so decided to release a new version (which i planned to do 3 weeks ago). Thanks for your feedback